Saturday 13 April 2024

Turné Dagbok april/maj 2024 - del 1

Last night, my latest tour began in the fine space called Metal in Southend (well Chalkwell if we're being totally accurate).  As Legion of Swine, I will be bringing the, ahem, metal to Metal. But first, before and between and after the bands we have DJ Diacritical Mark, playing all sorts of odd scratchy noises, reverbed to infinity and back and other electronic brain-scrambling audio. Nice. Promoter Emma's act Sunfish Starfish begin the band part with a table full of gadgets, wires, samplers and everything and proceed to bend and scrape all possible electronic sounds and textures over the next 30 mins. A nice way into the evening. Following up is The Abominable Mr Tinkler who crams in a million ideas per tune, covering jungle, drum'n'bass, noise, electronica and ambient and is effectively djed like a bastard and ends on samples. Dead good and I imagine decent to dance to late on in the evening in a club. Not a normal club though. After these acts, I rethink what I am planning to do. I use DJ Diacritical Mark as a lead in with some noise and feedback and then I face the Baking Tray of Doom (tm) and mangle, tease, bend, use a mic and urge feedback between PA and tray. It's loud in places and REALLY loud in other places. After I have tortured bodies and ears for 17 minutes or so, I fade out the various tones and depart. One punter explains how he felt, which I enjoy listening to, as he touches on a few things I'd intended. Several other punters have legged it. 

Thanks to Emma and all at Metal for a noisy start and for images and video captured of Legion of Swine. 


LoS













No comments:

Post a Comment