Monday 22 April 2024

Turné Dagbok april/maj 2024 - del 3

Back to Hatch in Sheff again, a great little space near Bramall Lane.  The faces walking the opposite way to me have frowns the size of something big as Sheff Utd got smacked 4-1 earlier, but in Hatch, it is all smiles. This place is small, but fun-packed and tonight begins with local promoters and ace electro-punok-pop act Duck, who warm up the very full space. 



As I explain to the audience what I am trying to do, which is create conversations between PA, broken baking tray and us all, I get the feeling that there are more appreciative people here in terms of widened musical horizons. Feedback is started and created and warped and bent and dies to a slow, quiet, noisy death and Duck's Chris knows what I want from the PA almost telepathically. Lots of nice comments after. 

I've not seen Sarah Statham for probably 6 years or so, so I am happy to be on the same bill as Fig by Four, which is normally her solo, but tonight with full band, including several ex Esper Scouts. The songs are strong, catchy as owt and really well constructed and mixed and very much appreciated by the now packed performance space. Dead good. 


A few weeks' rest now before the Loaf of Beard debut performance in Leeds. Cannot wait for that. 

LoS 



No comments:

Post a Comment