Thursday 27 October 2022

Turné dagbok - England oktober o november 2022 - del 3 - Leeds Wharf Chambers

After a few days recuperation across the Pennines visiting family and friends, I return to my old stomping ground of Leeds and a place that has always had good memories for me - Wharf Chambers. I have performed and promoted here numerous times, but this is the first proper outing for me as a "Swedish" noiser. Tonight's line-up, created by the ever enthusiastic Theo Gowans, has no less than 3 touring acts out of 4. I am happy to see my fellow Hogwash collaborator again. 

We're also lucky in that the ace video and audio capturing behemoth that is Bill Bartlett is in town to document the night's fun and games. 



First up, are Theo and Hilary (Cowtown, Basic Switches) performing as Garbage Pail Kids. Gadgets, toys, keyboards, cast aside tapes, mangled vocal effects and lots of fun experimenting. Daft and ace in equal measures. 



Ublo from Geneva has a stand up set of drums onstage, some of them synth drums and all sorts of triggering going on back to his laptop running Ableton with triggering going on. Afro beats and off-beats and processed vocals and noise. And the laptop needing to reset itself near the end of the set, but dealt with professionally for a final blast through. Really interesting stuff. 



Legion of Swine's set becomes a bit more of a harsh noise wall set this evening, as I find very helpful radio stations for interference and glitch and so run with it. This makes me think that maybe I don't need the kaosilator and is summat to think about on my return home. The radio part of the audio is way louder and I can push it really far, so some testing to while away the winter evenings will be required. 

French guitar mangler Mariachi is precisely that. She uses an enclosed contact mic in her strumming hand to create extra feedback to the feedback that's being created in front of the Marshall stack a few metres away. There's a lot of performance. Words can't really do justice to what we see and hear. 


Thanks a massive amount to Theo and Bill and all the other acts - a great night out. 

LoS






No comments:

Post a Comment